Pediatric Anesthesia: A Guide for the Non-Pediatric Anesthesia is a comprehensive, contemporary reference that addresses all aspects of pediatric anesthesia. Both students and medical practitioners – novice and experienced - will find invaluable educational and practical information in this book. The book covers the subject in two parts.
Part I covers basic information about pediatric and neonatal anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, emergency room and operating room procedures and surgery. Chapters on general anesthetic procedures in emergency rooms, operational theatres and common surgeries.
Part II covers advanced topics for practicing healthcare professionals which include anesthesia for patients with a range of common and uncommon comorbidities, considerations for critically-ill patients, genetic disorders, pain management, COVID-19 guidelines for anesthesia, patient safety and research.
- Basic and advanced information about pediatric and neonatal anesthesia covered in 25 chapters over two parts
- Simple and organized presentation for learners
- Contributions by expert clinicians and researchers
- Special topics included such as considerations for patients with comorbidities and genetic disorders
- References for further reading
- Detailed illustrations and tables
The text is an essential reference for scholars and professionals affiliated with general anesthesiology and surgery specialties at all levels who want to understand anesthesia for pediatric patients.