This text book serves as a guide for readers learning about the technical design of intelligent instruments, that is, instruments designed to collect information about the performance of other electronic devices and systems. The book introduces the readers to the concept of intelligent instrumentation and guides them on more advanced aspects of the subject including signal detection and analysis, data processing, performance analysis and data communication. Practical examples are also provided in the latter half of the book to blend the theoretical concepts with applied knowledge for the benefit of the reader.
- Features 10 chapters covering key topics related to intelligent instrument design and operation
- Provides theoretical knowledge of fundamental concepts
- Provides practical examples of working instrument models (online equipment monitoring system and a mobile robot)
- Provides notes on the use of packages such as MATLAB, ARGUINO and Proteus to develop intelligent instruments
- Presents information in a simple, easy-to-understand format which is reader friendly
- Presents handy chapter notes and references for the reader
Modern Intelligent Instruments - Theory and Application is a useful textbook for engineering students and technical apprentices learning about instrumentation and PCB design and testing.