Solid State & Microelectronics Technology is a comprehensive textbook designed for courses in solid state device physics as part of electronics / electrical engineering and IT courses. The book has two main objectives aimed at students and the future engineer: 1) to deliver knowledge of quantum physics and 2) to familiarize them with modern device types and fabrication processes. The breadth of subjects covered in the book serves a useful integrative function in combining fundamental science with applications. Recent developments are illustrated thoughtfully to encourage the reader to adopt this field as their research area.
- Adopts a twin approach to learning about solid state devices by blending information about fundamental science with the latest fabrication technology
- Covers topics recently introduced into current curricula to cater to the demands of modern engineering
- Provides foundational information on quantum physics, semiconductors and electronics
- Provides details about advanced devices such as BiCMOS, MESFET and FinFet devices
- Encourages readers to pursue further research with detailed illustrations and references
Learners in electronics and electrical engineering courses and B. Tech, M. Tech programs; readers interested in microelectronics and solid state device manufacturing