Biosensing technology is rapidly flourishing in recent years due to the advancement of bio-MEMS/NEMS. However, the booming development of biosensors has not been very well addressed to the unmet clinical needs. Advances in Biosensing Technology for Medical Diagnosis initiates a headway into the realm of cutting-edge diagnostic tools which are expected to become routine clinical practice. This book aims to broaden the readers’ horizon and guide them in tailoring different biosensing techniques for specific diagnostic procedures.
- -12 chapters cover several aspects of biosensing technologies including working principles and clinical validations
- -highlights the state-of-the-art biosensing technology developed in all fields
- -provides information about specific applications of novel biosensors used in clinical diagnosis
- -provides step-by-step guidance of microfabrication for biosensors
- -focuses on bridging the gap between the scientific and the clinical communities
- -provides information about the diagnostic applications of biosensors for different diseases (including infectious diseases and neurodegenerative diseases).
- -covers Information about unconventional nano/microfluidic biosensor systems
- -features contributions from renowned experts in the field of biomedical engineering
Advances in Biosensing Technology for Medical Diagnosis serves as a reference for healthcare providers and biomedical engineers who are interesting in biosensing techniques in medicine. The information provided in this reference will also benefit healthcare policymakers who are interested in new technologies that can impact the delivery of diagnostic services in healthcare systems.