Numberama: Recreational Number Theory in the School System presents number patterns and mathematical formulas that can be taught to children in schools. The number theories and problems are reinforced by enjoyable games that children can play to enhance their learning in a fun-loving way. Key features of the book include:
- - information about a number of well-known number theory problems such as Fibonaccci numbers, triangular numbers, perfect numbers, sums of squares, and Diophantine equations
- - organized presentation based on skill level for easy understanding
- - all basic mathematical operations for elementary school children
- - a range of algebraic formulae for middle school students
- - descriptions of positive feedback and testimonials where recreational number theory has been effective in schools and education programs
This book is a useful handbook for elementary and middle-school teachers, students, and parents who will be able to experience the inherent joys brought by teaching number theory to children in a recreational way.