Biodiversity Conservation – Challenges for the Future is a multidisciplinary book, linking topics on biodiversity, conservation, food and nutrition, organic farming, food security and sustainable management. The book summarizes the key ideas for meeting the challenges of biodiversity conservation. It presents suggestions and recommendations and reiterates the need for raising awareness among a range of stakeholders about conservation and sustainable management of biological resources and associated traditional knowledge resources along with ensuring appropriate capacity building at individual and institutional levels. The book also brings a wealth of knowledge about the local marine ecosystem and Western Ghats biodiversity.
Readers will find a overview of several aspects of biodiversity ranging from:
- - The diversity of flora and fauna which will be of immense benefit to the local community.
- - Laws and regulations related to access and benefits of sharing Bio-resources.
- - Sustainable management models for marine and wetland environmental conservation.
- - Case studies of human participation in biodiversity conservation programmes.
- - Key ideas for meeting the challenges of biodiversity conservation and for planning conservation programmes.
Biodiversity Conservation – Challenges for the Future is a handy resource for the local conservationist community consisting of policy makers, academicians, scientists, environmentalists, students and grass root level conservationists.