This comprehensive compendium unravels the intricacies of three common and daunting skeletal disorders: osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. These ailments afflict people across all age groups, demanding a deeper understanding of their diagnostic, prognostic, preventive, and therapeutic dimensions.
It presents seven key topics written by medical experts that explore research on these diseases:
- - Chronic Lung Disease and Osteoporosis: An exploration of the intricate link between chronic lung ailments and osteoporosis.
- - AI Detection of Knee Osteoarthritis: Recent use of artificial intelligence aiding knee osteoarthritis identification.
- - Inflammatory Signalling in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Covers the role of cytokines and chemokines in the context of rheumatoid arthritis.
- - Vitamin D, Immune System, and Bone Health: Unveils the vital implications of Vitamin D on the immune system and bone health.
- - Bone Water and Hydration Effects: A review of the impact of drugs on bone hydration status through the lens of bone water.
- - Quality of Life in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients (Chapters 112-130): An examination of the self-perceived quality of life in Rheumatoid Arthritis patients, comparing South Asian and British White populations.
This knowledge-rich treatise is a valuable resource for patients and their families battling these skeletal ailments. It's equally beneficial for medical students, orthopedists, researchers, and anyone eager to grasp the complexities of these widespread skeletal pathologies.
Medical researchers, orthopedists, rheumatologists, clinicians, rheumatic disease patients