Amazon Web Services: A Comprehensive Guide for Beginners and Advanced Users is your go-to companion for learning and mastering AWS. It presents 10 easy-to-read chapters that build a foundation for cloud computing while also equipping readers with the skills necessary to use AWS for commercial projects. Readers will learn how to use AWS cloud computing services for seamless integrations, effective monitoring, and optimizing cloud-based web applications.
What you will learn from this guide:
1. Identity and Access Management in AWS: Learn about IAM roles, security of the root account, and password policies, ensuring a robust foundation in access management.
2. Amazon EC2 Instance: Explore the different types of EC2 instances, pricing strategies, and hands-on experiences to launch, manage, and terminate EC2 instances effectively. This knowledge will help to make informed choices about pricing strategies.
3. Storage Options and Solutions: A detailed examination of storage options within Amazon EC2 instances. Understanding Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS), Amazon Elastic File Storage (EFS), and more, will enhance your ability to handle data storage efficiently.
4. Load Balancing and Auto Scaling: Learn about different types of load balancers and how auto-scaling groups operate, to master the art of managing varying workloads effectively.
5. Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3): Understand S3 concepts such as buckets, objects, versioning, storage classes, and practical applications.
6. AWS Databases and Analytics: Gain insights into modern databases, AWS cloud databases, and analytics services such as Amazon Quicksight, AWS Glue, and Amazon Redshift.
7. Compute Services and Integrations: Understand the workings of Docker, virtual machines, and various compute services offered by AWS, including AWS Lambda and Amazon Lightsail, Amazon MQ and Amazon SQS.
8. Cloud Monitoring: Understand how to set up alarms, analyze metrics, and ensure the efficient monitoring of your cloud environment using Amazon CloudWatch and CloudTrail.
- - Comprehensive Introduction to Cloud Computing and AWS
- - Guides readers to the complete set of features in AWS
- - Easy-to-understand language and presentation with diagrams and navigation guides
- - References for further reading
Whether you're a student diving into cloud specialization as part of your academic curriculum or a professional seeking to enhance your skills, this guide provides a solid foundation for learning the potential of the AWS suite of applications to deploy cloud computing projects.
Readership: Students, trainees, computer enthusiasts and anyone who wants to learn about AWS.