This book explains uncertainty analysis for finite elements and general nonlinear problems. It starts with the fundamentals of the topic and progresses to complex methods through 9 chapters. Each chapter focuses on a specific, relevant topic and provides information in a structured reading format for advanced learners. The author explains different models relevant to the topic where applicable, in an effort to cover the diverse aspects of mathematical analysis.
Topics covered in the book include:
- - Nonlinear stochastic finite element methods
- - Reliability calculations
- - Static analysis of interval finite element
- - Linear and nonlinear vibration analysis
- - Stochastic, random, fuzzy and mixed fields
- - Mixed finite element analysis
Uncertainty Analysis in Finite Elements Models is an ideal reference for advanced courses in mathematical analysis and engineering that require students to understand the basics of uncertainty analysis and basic reliability calculations.
Audience: Engineering and Mathematics students and teachers.