A smart port is defined as a port that uses technologies such as big data, AI, and IoT to manage transportation and logistics services. Smart Port Management and Strategy covers the design, operation and applications of a smart port to improve capacity and productivity. The book has been written by the author from an operations management perspective with the aim of providing technical knowledge to readers on how to use technology for optimizing port performance.
- Eight key topics relevant to smart port management
- Focus on calculations and technical operations
- Guidance on OCR, RFID and sensor technologies for gates
- Includes information about port performance measurement
- Includes access to Korean Port MIS
- Covers automation equipment such as AGV, ARMGC, and remote control QC
- Includes port simulation, digitization strategies and financial analysis
Smart Port Management and Strategy is the definitive resource for anyone, whether they are professionals in transportation services or students of civil engineering or operations management, who want to learn about smart ports and how they are managed.