is a textbook dedicated to advanced applications in pharmacy. The book balances information by including chapters that give basic knowledge and inform readers on the latest insights in pharmaceutical science. Authored by pharmacology experts and academics, each chapter highlights current knowledge in the field, presenting research in a didactic and educational manner for academics, researchers, and students who need to understand pharmacy. Additional features of the book include chapter summaries and references for advanced readers.
- - Physical Pharmacy: Covers foundations of physical pharmacy, providing a solid understanding of the subject.
- - Preformulation Studies: examines active pharmaceutical ingredient-excipent compatibility studies, a crucial aspect of drug formulation.
- - Computer-assisted Study: explains computer-assisted studies with the example of garlic organosulfur as an antioxidant agent.
- - Enzymes in Biocatalysis: sheds light on enzyme characteristics, kinetics, production, and applications in biocatalysis.
- - Antifungal Agents: provides insights into antifungal agents and their significance.
- - Polysaccharides in Drug Delivery: explores the use of naturally and chemically sulfated polysaccharides in drug delivery systems.
- - Immunomodulatory Plant Extracts: covers the evaluation of safety and benefits of immunomodulatory plant extracts.
- - Biofilms and Persistent Cells: examines the development, causes, and consequences of biofilms and persistent cells.
- - Analytical Methods for Drug Analysis: focuses on the development of analytical methods for analyzing drugs of abuse using experimental design.
- - Steric Exclusion Chromatography: discusses steric exclusion chromatography, including chromatography of polymers in aqueous solutions.
- - Intrinsic Viscosity Methods: explores intrinsic viscosity methods in natural polymer pharmaceutical excipients.
- - Extraction Techniques in Green Analytical Chemistry: highlight environment-firendly techniques in analytical chemistry.
is a comprehensive resource that bridges the gap between pharmaceutical research and practice, offering invaluable insights into the latest developments in the field. This textbook serves as an essential reference for both learners and scholars in basic and advanced courses in pharmacy and pharmaceutical science.
Audience: Learners and scholars in basic and advanced courses in pharmacy and pharmaceutical science.