Educational technology refers to the preparation and use of electronic resources, computer applications, and audio-visual aids which are used in the teaching and learning process. For administrators, the term also includes the planning, organization validation, evaluation, and implementation of all kinds of educational programs. Educational technology is now important for the selection of appropriate teaching media as well as the development, and application of curricula.
Fundamentals of Educational Technology work explains the basic facts about educational technology to inform teachers and students. The book includes 6 chapters which cover the subject in a simple manner suitable for learners in education programs.
- 6 organized chapters on the basics of educational technology and media
- Simple reader-friendly organization of contents with relevant diagrams
- Gives a historical perspective of the field
- Gives an overview of digital and electronic tools for educators
- Includes information about relevant teaching methods
- Gives an overview of the role of electronic and digital media in education
- Includes a section on the ethical use of educational technology
Fundamentals of Educational Technology serves as a basic guide for educational instructors and administrators on educational technology and its role in teaching and designing educational programs at all levels.