This reference presents comprehensive information about laser surface treatments for tribological applications. Chapters of the book highlight the importance of laser technology in modifying materials to optimize the effects of friction and lubrication, by explaining a range of surface modification methods used in industries. These methods include hardening, melting, alloying, cladding and texturing. The knowledge in the book is intended to give an in-depth understanding about the role of laser technology in tribology and the manufacture of industrial materials and surfaces for special applications.
- - 10 chapters on topics relevant to tribology and industrial applications of laser material processing
- - Comprehensively covers laser surface modification of metals and alloys
- - Explains a wide range of surface modification methods (hardening, melting, alloying, cladding and texturing)
- - Covers material and tribological characterization of surfaces
- - Presents information in a simple structured layout for easy reading, with introductory notes for learners
- - Provides references for further reading
This book is an ideal reference for students and learners in courses related to engineering, manufacturing and materials science. Researchers, industrial professionals and general readers interested in laser assisted machining processes and surface modification techniques will also find the book to be an informative reference on the subject.