This book focuses on cases and studies of interest to mechanical engineers and industrial technicians. The considered applications in this volume are widely used in several industrial fields particularly in the automotive and aviation industries. Readers will understand the theory and techniques which are used in each application covered in each chapter.
The book contents include the following topics:
- - Numerical analysis of hydrokinetic turbines
- - Computational fluid dynamics of a CuO based nanofluid in mini-channel cross-sections
- - Orthodontic biomechanics of a NiTi arch wires
- - Reynold’s number effects on fluid flow through Savonius rotors
- - Effect of operating parameters on Zn-Mn alloys deposited from additive-free chloride bath
- - Optical properties and stability of a blue-emitting phosphor (Sr2P2O7:Eu2+) Under UV and VUV excitation
- - Numerical study of the influence of nanofluid type on thermal improvement in a three dimensional mini channel
- - Electrochemical studies and characterization of Zn-Mn coatings deposited in the presence of novel organic additives
- - Prediction of fire and smoke propagation under a range of external conditions
- - Structural design of a 10 kW H-Darrieus wind turbine
The presented case studies and development approaches aim to provide the readers, such as graduate students, PhD candidates and professionals with basic and applied information broadly related to mechanical engineering and technology.