Natural Feed Additives Used in the Poultry Industry
addresses recent information on the use of different natural feed additives in poultry nutrition. Chapters in the book focus on the growth, production, reproduction and health of poultry.
- 15 chapters contributed by more than 30 experts and scientists involved in animal and poultry nutrition, physiology, toxicology, pharmacology, and pathology
- Chapters highlight the significance of a variety of herbal plant extracts and derivatives, cold pressed and essential oils, fruits by-products, immunomodulators, organic acids, probiotics, nanoparticles and their role in poultry industry instead of the growth promoter antibiotics.
- Provides details about the use of antibiotic as growth promoters in poultry and the development of bacterial resistance.
- Provides a holistic approach on how natural feed additives can provide an efficient solution to animal health,
- Covers the main categories of poultry, including broiler chickens, laying hens, quails, geese, ducks, and turkey.
- References in each chapter for further reading
This handbook represents an up-to-date review of the existing knowledge on natural feed additives, both in vitro and in vivo and the basis for future research. The text is useful to students of poultry sciences, nutritionists, scientists, veterinarians, pharmacologists, poultry breeders, and animal husbandry extension workers.