This concise clinical reference facilitates health consultants and professionals for determining treatment options for some common prenatal and postpartum infections during pregnancy and the puerperium in patients.
- Presents 9 organized, easy to read chapters on anti-infective agents for pregnant patients
- Covers pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of relevant anti-infective agents
- Includes information on classification and safety of anti-infective agents
- Includes treatment of urinary tract infections
- Covers medications for sexually transmitted diseases, including a complete section dedicated to HIV medication
- Provides information about vulvovaginal infections
- Covers the treatment of toxoplasmosis in pregnancy
- innovates with information about herbal remedies for infection for patients during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Pregnancy and Anti-Infective Agents
is therefore, a valuable handbook that enables quick consultation on safe antibiotics for the treatment of a variety of infections in pregnancy.