Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning Approaches in Biomedical Engineering and Health Care Systems explains the emerging technology that currently drives computer-aided diagnosis, medical analysis and other electronic healthcare systems. 11 book chapters cover advances in biomedical engineering fields achieved through deep learning and soft-computing techniques. Readers are given a fresh perspective on the impact on the outcomes for healthcare professionals who are assisted by advanced computing algorithms.
- - Covers emerging technologies in biomedical engineering and healthcare that assist physicians in diagnosis, treatment, and surgical planning in a multidisciplinary context
- - Provides examples of technical use cases for artificial intelligence, machine learning and deep learning in medicine, with examples of different algorithms
- - Introduces readers to the concept of telemedicine and electronic healthcare systems
- - Provides implementations of disease prediction models for different diseases including cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease
- - Summarizes key information for learners
- - Includes references for advanced readers
The book serves as an essential reference for academic readers, as well as computer science enthusiasts who want to familiarize themselves with the practical computing techniques in the field of biomedical engineering (with a focus on medical imaging) and medical informatics.