Stem cell and regenerative medicine research is a hot area of research which promises to change the face of medicine as it will be practiced in the years to come. Challenges in the 21st century to combat diseases such as cancer, Alzheimer and related diseases may well be addressed employing stem cell therapies and tissue regeneration. Frontiers in Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Research is essential reading for researchers seeking updates in stem cell therapeutics and regenerative medicine.
This volume includes reviews on the following topics:
- - the role of microvesicles and exosomes in mesenchymal stem cell (MSCs) in treating diseases while overcoming side effects
- - alternative models for understanding cancer stem cell biology
- - stem cells treatments for orthopaedic injury and endocrine disorders
- - wound healing biomaterials
- - theoretical models of hematopoietic cell dynamics (with implications for bone marrow transplants)