• W1898 (composed mainly of two and three alkylcyclohexylbenzene and alkylbicyclo-hexylbenzene isothiocyanates),
• W1820 (composed mainly of fluoro-substituted alkylbiphenylisothiocyanates),
• W1852 (composed mainly of fluoro-substituted isothiocyanates, alkylbiphenyls, alkylcyclo-hexylbiphenyls and alkylbicycloheksylobiphenyls),
• W1825 and W1791 (composed mainly of fluoro-substituted isothiocyanates, alkyltolanes and alkylphenyltolanes),
• W1865 (composed mainly of fluoro-substituted isothiocyanates, alkylphenyls and alkylbiphenyltolanes),
• W1115 (composed mainly of cyclohexanolcyanobenzenes, fluorobenzenes and hydrocarbons),
• W1795B (composed mainly of fluoro-terphenyls).
In this chapter, the material characteristics of the perpendicular and parallel εII(T) components of the permittivity tensors ε (T) at the frequency range of f є [10 Hz, 10 MHz]; bulk viscosity Γ(T); rotational viscosity γ(T), splay K11(T), twist K22(T), bend K33(T) and KTN(T) for transition from twisted to the nontwisted structure; ordinary no(λ) and extraordinary ne(λ) refractive indices for wavelength λ є [0.3μm, 1.6 μm] are described and discussed in the terms of applicability of MNLCs to Liquid Crystal electro-optical Devices (LCEOD).
Total Pages: 31-67 (37)
Purchase Chapter Book Details